Park View Events Limited – Visitor Privacy Notice
Park View Events Limited (“us”, or “we”) are the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
If you are an exhibitor at one of our events, please read the Exhibitor Privacy Notice which sets out the basis on which we will process exhibitors’ personal information.
1. HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect and process personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when registering on our site or filling in forms on our site, such as when you sign up for newsletters)
- purchase or collect tickets for our events (either online or in person)
- attend our events (including when your badge/ticket is scanned at one of our events)
- contact our customer service team or request information from us in any other way
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies
- book an exhibitor guest complimentary ticket
- sign up for information at one of our other events
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as from your use of other websites which we operate and from related third parties such as sub-contractors.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
We may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide to us:
- contact details (such as your name,address, email address and telephone number)
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual)
- password and other authentication information
- responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research
- financial and credit card information
- your marketing preferences and aspects of the event you are interested in
- transactional information about – which events you have booked for, ticket types and number, offers taken up and event attendance
- if you are interested in hearing from specific sponsors or exhibitors for marketing purposes
Where you provide information within an event feature such as the One to One Clinics, this information will be processed directly by the host of the clinic and not processed by Park View Events.
Where you provide exhibitors with consent to scan your badge/ticket, this information will be processed directly by the respective exhibitor and not processed by Park View Events.
We will collect and store your purchase history with us. We will also collect data regarding your attendance at our events (for example when we scan your ticket we can determine that you have attended one of our events).
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call us as well as the correspondence and the period of time it took for us to deal with a query or any request you had. We may also record your levels of satisfaction with the services we have provided.
Calls may be recorded when you contact us to help us monitor the level of service we provide and for training purposes.
At some of our events, we may photograph, record or film onsite activities. In which case, you may be filmed, photographed or recorded as part of any such activities.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device. This type of information may include the following:
- information about your device, operating system and IP address
- your login information
- browser type and version
- information about your visit, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information
- email response tracking
3. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials
- to invite you to similar or related events
- to authenticate your access to our websites
- for system administration purposes in relation to our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to distinguish you from other users of our websites (for example to remember your log-in details)
- to monitor your use of our website to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service
- to tailor any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you (both on our website and on third party websites, including third party social media platforms)
- to notify you of any changes to our services
- to conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns (including using your personal information to evaluate, analyse or predict certain personal aspects relating to you, such as your preferences, economic situation, interests, and/or location)
- to enable the auditing of the event attendance figure
- if you are filmed, photographed or recorded as part of any onsite activities at one of our events, your image or likeness may be used in organiser promotional material, sponsor, exhibitor and media partner coverage in print, online and on broadcast television
- for security and fraud prevention
- to ensure that our website is safe and secure
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations
We may also match personal information that you provide to us directly with other information about you obtained from or held by third party sources (such as social media platforms). This may include your contact details, demographic data, your social media interactions, preferences, shopping habits, interests, geographic location, age or age range, gender, language and nationality. We may use this personal information to tailor and event advertisements more relevant to you either on our website or on third party websites (including social media platforms) or via other communication channels.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you
- The legitimate business interests of Park View Events: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as an events company, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can create new services and improve the profile of our brands
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, where you have purchased tickets to one of our events and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and send the tickets to you
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in Europe.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as the EU “Standard Contractual Clauses” and the EU-US “Privacy Shield”) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will flag your record as unsubscribe, but keep your record to use for suppression from future direct marketing unless you specifically tell us not to.
7. SECURITY AND PASSWORDS
You must keep your password and any other authentication information for our website confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted during your use of our website.
8. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information within our group of companies (i.e. our subsidiaries, sister companies, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers, where they are helping us to market and advertise our services as well as providing our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please conduct us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites such as our business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy before you submit any personal information to these websites.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website. The date this privacy noticed was last updated appears at the bottom.
11. CONTACT US
Questions and comments regarding this privacy notice should be sent to:
Telephone number: 020 8882 0629
Our registered offices are located at:
Park View Events Ltd
25 Park View
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 5/06/2018.